Tuesday, January 12, 2010

hiatus

I thought I should explain why I haven't posted in a while. I've always wanted to create a college town, and after I read about how to create a base neighborhood university, I've started a new neighborhood, Providence. I've been spending a lot of time setting it up: making buildings and populating it with a bunch of Sims. I may stop this blog so I can start blogging about the other neighborhood. Right now that neighborhood is still in too much of a rudimentary phase, but hopefully soon I'll have almost everything set up. One of the problems with this blog that I'm hoping to correct is that there aren't enough characters and they're all related to each other. I've brought in a bunch of the premade characters into Providence: the Ottomas, Julien Cooke (who married Melissa Fancey),  Benjamin Long, Orlando Centowski, etc. It's already giving the neighborhood a lot more variety. I'm still deciding what to do with Arcadia and Providence, but since Providence is going really well, I think Arcadia might have reached the end.

1 comment:

  1. Aww sad news for Arcadia. I hope you will continue blogging a hood, any hood!

    I had this problem with my hood (relations), cause I started mine as a Legacy hood. I added some playable NPC's to it, to add character, etc. And I ran some families through a generation real fast to have some history. Like Corbin Gray since he's in Lakeside hood, I wanted him out of my "pool" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete